Ernie Reynolds Essay Contest 2022
Disability Rights Michigan (DRM) is proud to, once again, hold our annual essay contest in honor of an outstanding disability rights advocate, Ernie Reynolds, who passed away in 2012.
We are looking for motivating stories about people with disabilities who have successfully overcome barriers and achieved success while advocating for themselves or others.
First Prize: $300
Second Prize: $200
Third Prize: $100
Entry deadline: January 12, 2022
Submissions will be judged on:
- Content and appeal of the advocacy story
- Impact the story has had on the life of the individual or the lives of other people who have disabilities
- Impact the story has had on the focus areas within DRM
1. Must be a resident of Michigan.
2. The limit is 500 words or less.
3. Submissions do not have to be typed, but they need to be legible.
4. There is no age limit to the contest.
(3 ways to submit entries):
DRM Essay Contest
4095 Legacy Parkway
Lansing, MI 48911-4263
*Be sure to include your name, address, phone number, and email address on all entries.