SMART Flex MicrotransitSuburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART)
Hours of Operation
Dearborn – 6am-11pm, 7 days a week
Hall Road – 5am-11pm, 7 days a week
Troy/Clawson – 6 am-11 pm, 7 days a week
Pontiac/Auburn Hills – 6 am-11 pm, 7 days a week
Farmington/Farmington Hills – 6 am-11 pm, 7 days a week
Download the SMART Flex App
- Search “SMART Flex” in the App Store or Google Play store and tap the download icon.
- Set up your Account – Open the app, press Sign Up, and enter your personal info and credit or debit card info.
How to Request a Ride
- Enter your pickup address and press Set Pickup. Then Hit the + sign if you want to bring extra passengers along
- Enter your dropoff address and press Set Dropoff.
- Choose the trip option that’s best for you, then tap Book Ride.
- Follow the dotted line in the app to get to your exact pickup location, which may be a short walk.*
- We’ll display your driver’s name, vehicle model, and license plate info to help you locate your ride.
If you need a lift equipped vehicle or other disability accommodations, tap the profile icon next to your name in the SMART flex app and select “Special Settings”. Here you can identify if you are a wheelchair user, person with disabilities, or senior.
More Important Details
Dearborn, Troy/Clawson, Auburn Hills/Pontiac, Hall Road, and Farmington/Farmington Hills areas.
Maps of these individual service areas can be found here.
$2.00 per trip*
or a maximum of $8 based on how far you’re traveling
Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities:
$1.00 per trip
or half of the standard fare amount
Accessibility & Eligibility
Paratransit/Reduced Fare Eligibility
There is no complementary paratransit for this service because it is curb-to-curb, not fixed route. Service is accessible for individuals with disabilities as well as open to the general public.
Youth, older adults, and people with disabilities are eligible to receive reduced fare. To receive a SMART Reduced Fare ID card, download and fill out an application, and mail back to SMART. You automatically qualify for a Reduced Fare ID Card for Fixed Route buses if you possess one of the following:
- Medicare Card
- Social Security Disability Determination
- Veterans Health ID card indicating a Service Connected Disability
- State of Michigan ID identifying applicant as Legally Blind
Transit Service Accessibility
Both non lift-equipped and lift-equipped Flex Microtransit vehicles are available. Service is curb-to-curb and accessible for individuals with disabilities as well as open to the general public.
*See Method/Rules for scheduling to learn how to request lift equipped vehicles when booking a trip on the SMART Flex app
SMART Flex is a service that mimics ride hailing services like Uber and Lyft. Vehicles are smaller and ride requests require less notice than SMART Connector service.
Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART)
Major Public Transit Agency
Counties: Macomb County, Oakland County, Wayne County
Additional Contact InformationCustomer Care Department: 866-962-5515
Adminstrative Offices: 313-223-2100