Arenac Public Transit Authority County TransfersArenac Public Transit Authority
Hours of Operation
Route schedules vary. Call dispatch at 989-846-7500 to speak to a transportation specialist who will help coordinate your transfer ride.Method/Rules for Scheduling a Ride
Call dispatch at 989-846-7500. A transportation specialist will help coordinate your trip around the route schedules for your transfer.
More Important Details
Transfers to Bay, Gladwin, Ogemaw, and Iosco Counties. Click here to see the route map.
- Bay: Transfers pick-up at Pinconning Gazebo
- Gladwin: Transfers pick-up at M61 and county line or Mt. Forest Twp Hall
- Ogemaw: Transfers pick-up at Forward’s in City of Alger
- Iosco: Transfers pick-up at The Singing Bridge
***Notice on Arenac Public Transit page: “Starting November 13th 2023, all standard out-of-county transfers will be $5.00″
Per Arenac Public Transit’s Fare Page:
- Bay County transfers (Pick-up at Pinconning Gazebo): $2.50
- Gladwin County transfers(pick-up at M61 & County Line or Mt. Forest Twp Hall): $1.00
- Ogemaw County transfers (pick-up at Forward’s in Alger): $1.00
- Iosco County transfers (pick-up at the Singing Bridge): $1.00
- Seniors (60+)
- Persons with Disabilities
Accessibility & Eligibility
Paratransit/Reduced Fare Eligibility
Though no info is given about reduced fare eligibility on the transit agency website, reduced fare is available for individuals with disabilities, seniors, students, and veterans. Seniors may show identification verifying they are 65 or older for reduced fare or free rides if they are age 80 and above. Veterans may also show Veteran identification for free ride eligibility. Students may show student identification for reduced fare rate.
No formal application for reduced fare. Arenac Public Transit Authority is a Michigan Universal Reduced Fare Card participant.
Transit Service Accessibility
Only two vehicles are not lift/ramp equipped out of 9 buses in the fleet. Though this is a fixed route system, if someone is unable to get to the fixed route transfer locations, they can use the in-county demand response service to be picked up elsewhere and brought to the fixed route stop locations. Tell dispatcher if you need to get to a transfer location and that you need a lift/ramp equipped vehicle when scheduling your ride.
Arenac Public Transit Authority
Major Public Transit Agency
County: Arenac County
Additional Contact InformationDirector, Denise Dunn: firstname.lastname@example.org
APTA Office: email@example.com