DRM provides media advocacy as part of its legal duty to engage in “advocacy, capacity building, and systems change activities.”
Through its media advocacy, DRM:
- Serves as a resource to statewide and national media outlets
- Provides a proactive social media presence
- Produces monthly electronic and quarterly print newsletters
- Creates and distributes press releases
- Releases period public reports on issues affecting people with disabilities
DRM media activities related to individual cases is limited by the confidentiality rights of our clients and legal ethical standards.
*Media advocacy will align with DRM’s current focus areas. DRM also responds to public issues that broadly affect the rights of people with disabilities.